|Position:||Social Media Intern|
|Education Level:||Some College Coursework Completed|
|Experience Level:||Entry Level|
Captiva Marketing is seeking a part-time Social Media Intern. The ideal candidate is a senior-level Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising or Marketing major. Position will be 15-20 hours a week with flexibility dependent on school schedule and is located at Captiva Marketing’s offices in Sunset Hills.
This is a part-time position available in our St. Louis office (local candidates preferred). Deadline for resume submission is November 15, 2019.
- Assist with creating organic social media content schedules.
- Assist with web copy writing and proofing
- Manage KPI metrics to track engagement, reach, and ROI to develop client facing reports
- Write and distribute content to targeted audiences
- Work with the Account Management and Creative Teams to develop concepts for social media content strategies
- Evaluate day-to-day social presence and content on various channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Utilize knowledge of social influencer and social strategy best practices
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, analytics, and social media platforms
- Strong communication, grammar and writing skills
- Detail oriented
Commensurate with experience.
Applicants are requested to provide a portfolio with the following items:
- 3 writing samples, ideally with at least 1 sample being for a marketing or professional project. Please do not include only research papers.
- Contact info for 2 References, either from prior professional internships or professors.
- Optional: any additional materials including capstone projects, presentations, etc. that showcase the candidate’s writing or marketing skills.
Why Should You Work @ Captiva?
- Interesting projects that excite and inspire
- Team oriented workplace that fosters camaraderie
At Captiva Marketing, our first step in the applicant screening process includes an email to schedule a traditional phone interview. All correspondences are exercised from an official Captiva Marketing email address. We do not request a Google Hangout nor do we use a Gmail account with our recruiting process. Initial communications will not request sensitive information, including but not limited to social security numbers, birth dates, bank information, etc. during our interview process. While giving out personal information to organizations, please be diligent. If you have any concerns about a request coming from Captiva Marketing, please contact us at 314-822-3656 and ask for Melissa Berner.