Our first goal in designing your website is to determine what your specific goals are with your new site. A typical website often needs to appeal to many different target markets including not only existing customers and new prospects, but also the media, employees and prospective employees and others that may need to access your website for information.
Initial Data Analysis
- Review site's analytics to see how people are currently finding and engaging with website.
- Generate basic keyword research to see how people search for your products and services.
- Review existing data on referrers, keyword ads, social media traffic, etc.
- Identify major competitors.
- Perform basic review of their websites and online marketing presence.
- Review competitor's USPs and tactics.
“Content precedes design. Design in the absence of content is not design, it’s decoration.”
- Jeffrey Zeldman
Review Messaging & Branding
- Review or develop primary marketing messages for website.
- Create or review existing brand and style guidelines.
Review Existing Online Marketing & SEO
- Run ranking reports to determine how well/poorly site ranks for targeted searches.
- Evaluate current level of on-page optimization.
- Evaluate current level of link popularity vs. competition.